Massive congrats from everyone at the club to our very own Wole Ososami who achieved the highest award in Toastmasters – Distinguished Toastmaster (DTM). Wole has inspired so many of the members over the years and continues to lead us all by example through his dedication to Toastmasters and public speaking!
To everyone wondering what it takes below to become a Distinguished Toastmaster please see below what Wole had to achieve before gaining the award. This continues Speakers of Croydon’s reputation as a top performing club and the place to be if you want to advance your speaking!
What it takes to be award DTM
To earn the DTM designation in the traditional education program, you are required to:
- Earn the Competent Communicator (CC) award.
- Earn the Competent Leader (CL) award
- Serve at least six months as a club officer
- Serve a complete one-year term as a district officer.
- Serve as a club sponsor, mentor or coach.
- Participate in the preparation of a Club Success Plan.
- Earn your Advanced Communicator Gold or Advanced Toastmaster Gold award.
- Earn your Advanced Leader Silver or Advanced Leader award.